Workers crave freedom and flexibility. It’s the biggest driver for remote working: do work you love, where and when you want. The one hurdle is this: how do you know they are actually getting work done? That they are being as productive as possible and not just getting a free meal ticket?
This is the challenge that Liam Martin and his Aussie business partner set out to address. In this AAHHHHMAAAZZZZING interview, we explore:
- The war against the Distraction Economy and what it’s costing us
- The Big Data that facebook collects and what it can predict
- A world where transparency builds better interpersonal connections and business cultures
- How to build a great culture with remote teams
- Why remote teams are way more engaged than regular office-based teams
- The biggest challenge to overcome with remote teams: loneliness
- Creating an engagement culture with remote teams
- Gamification and e-recognition tools: breakthrough or bullshit?