As a Doer you are a hard-working individual who takes their work seriously, as master craftsman.
You are known to deliver, get results, and be extremely reliable. You like well-defined boundaries, clear expectations, and specific feedback.
Examples of Doers
- Steve Wozniak - hard-working foil to Steve Jobs
- Gayle King - best friend to Oprah Winfrey
- Chewbacca from Star Wars - handy in a fight, always has Han Solo's back
Strengths of Doers
- Work ethic
Capacity to Influence
This is limited to leadership by example. People are motivated by your hard work, and strive to keep up with you. They are also more than happy for you take on more, so be mindful of not taking the load for everyone!
The Doer can lack confidence to shine on their own. They prefer a supporting role. The Doers impact is limited by their own definition of success and potential.
How to move from a Doer to a Diplomat and grow as a Doer
- Examine your own beliefs about yourself, your worth, your capabilities. What stories are you telling yourself about what you are capable of?
- Seek feedback from others about your strengths. What do others see in you as your most valuable asset? What is a hidden strength that could be developed further?
- Learn a new skill or role. Give yourself permission to feel like a rookie again and take on a learner's role.
If you are serious about growing as a leader, consider taking the Grit and Grace program (launching end of September 2017), or joining one of Zoë's group programs.