E84 - Smart Teams, How to work better together with Dermot Crowley
There is so much friction in organisations that gets in the way of us being more productive. Life would be simpler if we could just get on with our work! Yet working in teams is the way we can get more done. In his new book, Smart Teams, Dermot Crowley unpacks what we need to do to reduce friction and get in to flow when we work together. He shares some additional insights on the podcast interview.
- Four key qualities for a productive culture: purposeful, mindful, reliable, punctual.
- Four things that create super-productive culture: it’s a leadership issue, all staff need productivity training, agreements on how we are going to work together, and leaders need to model the desired behaviour.
- Don’t do meeting planning backwards! Start with context - the why and purpose of the meeting. Then the what, the content. Finally the co-ordination piece - who needs to be there, where, and when.
About Dermot Crowley
Dermot is Australia’s leading productivity expert and has spent the best part of 20 years working with companies big and small around productivity habits and systems. He is the author of best selling book, Smart Work, and has just published his second book, Smart Teams.
You can get a copy of his books from his website here.
P.S. And, whenever you’re ready... here are 4 ways I can help you build boundless leadership, team, organisation:
1. Grab a free copy of our Boundless Leadership Toolkit
It’s the roadmap to develop a boundless organisation: e-books, white papers, checklists to bring the adventurous spirit to work and life. Get your copy here.
2. Join our Boundless Leadership Basecamp
It’s our new Facebook community where leaders come to learn how to have more impact with less struggle. We explore tips and hacks for corporate culture, strategy and personal excellence. Join us here.
3. Get equipped at our next event
Meet other adventurous leaders seeking to be, think, and do more. Leadership training and tribe meetings are listed here.
4. Work with me and other Renegade Pathfinders in the Leader’s Edge Mastermind
If you’d like to work directly with me to build a boundless life, team, or organisation, send me an email with PRIVATE in the subject line and let me know a little about your work and what you’d like to work on together.